Saturday 7 April 2012

Italeri M3A1 White Scout Car

G'day fellow wargamers & military modellers, this weekend I'm posting my completed model of the White Scout car. This is an Italeri 1/72 model which I picked up at a local model shop (probably paid too much for it, but if I buy their stock they might get some more models in :)). I haven't built a model with this many parts since I was a teenager, so I was a bit rusty & maybe some parts weren't quite in the right alignment, but I was happy with the end results.
The crew is of mixed manufacture with a Kelly's Heroes driver, a Caesar Miniatures officer pointing, an AB Miniatures officer lounging and a HaT British tank rider chap seated.
The decals are for 130th Brigade of 43rd Wessex Division, and made by Doms Decals- intended for 15mm stuff but seem to work fine at this scale.
The weathering is a combination of paint and Vallejo & MiG pigments- a mixture of colours. This is the first of my own models which I have applied a decent amount of pigments to, and I am quite pleased with how it turned out. I haven't sprayed it with dullcoat yet, I'm a bit unsure what this will do to the pigments.
The idea is to use this as a British command vehicle for Kampfgruppe Normandy.

I'd like to be able to take better photographs, as the models often look better in "the flesh" than what I can photograph- anyone got tips for taking better pictures?- bear in mind I have a pretty basic digital camera.
Cheers,
Jacksarge.

9 comments:

  1. Well done Old Man, the scout car looks very splendid. It will of course look even better with flames issuing from its destroyed hulk. :)

    Your friend,
    RR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see Rajah... hoping it doesn't get on the front line, but lurks at the back in support.

      Delete
  2. splendid build,

    the clear coat will hide a lot of the pigment work and you will lose some of the subtlety, so your call, I have tried the fixer and a PVA mix and a Iscocol mix but it still loses the look I am after so I have returned to artist pastels for weathering.

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt,

      I know when I was doing art at school we used to spray pastels with hairspray to prevent them falling off the page, do you reckon this would work, and then spray on dullcoat? At least I can push it around by the base if I don't spray it.



      Jack.

      Delete
  3. Waayy cool mate! By the way, I've lost your email address in the 'upgrade' from XP to Windows 7 on my laptop...do you have Skype?

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Nick, I don't have Skype. I'll shoot you another email.

      Delete
  4. I must say... I love this kit (so it's on my wish list as well)
    You done a splendit job on this car and figures, my compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great mate!
    The weathering is very realistic! And the figs selection.
    T.

    ReplyDelete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...